2024 Monaco Billionaires NET WORTH
as of 3/4/19
- Brazil-born, Monaco-based billionaire Lily Safra inherited most of her fortune from her fourth husband, the late Edmond J. Safra, a banker.
- Edmond's 1999 death in a fire at his Monaco penthouse made global headlines and prompted conspiracy theories despite his nurse's admission of guilt.
- Edmond left most of his fortune to the Edmond J. Safra Philanthropic Foundation, but he also left Lily enough assets to make her a billionaire.
- Lily's fortune also stems from a stake in Brazilian appliance giant Ponto Frio, inherited after second husband Alfredo Monteverde's 1969 suicide.
- She sold the stake in 2009 for $340 million to Brazilian retailer Grupo Pao de Acucar, resulting in a 2015 lawsuit she ultimately won.